Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Exercise Plan

I began my weight loss on January 1st - yes, I am a cliche. It's been just about 10 weeks, and I've lost 29 pounds of my 100 pound goal. For the first month, I counted calories and journaled everything I ate. While I lost weight, it wasn't happening as quickly as I'd hoped it would. My nutritionist continued to encourage me to exercise, and I finally stopped making excuses (bad back, no time, too cold, etc.) and started to do about 15 minutes of pilates a few times per week. Since then, I've been doing 40 minutes of pilates 5-6 times per week, and this week I began using an aerobics DVD at home. My new thought is to do this three-day cycle:

Day 1: 15 minutes of pilates (ZONE Pilates Video 1) and 15 minutes of walking (first mile of Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds DVD)

Day 2: 30 minutes of pilates (ZONE Pilates Videos 1 and 2)

Day 3: 30 minutes of walking (first 2 miles of Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds DVD).

Today was a beautiful day, so my husband and I did a 1.75 walk outside rather than my day 3 plan. While it might not have been as vigorious as the DVD, it was fun and motivating to do it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment