Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Satisfying Evening

Today, I opted for an outdoor walk again rather than an inside workout DVD. I pushed myself to walk more quickly than yesterday, and went .25 of a mile farther. To calculate the calories that I burned walking, I added my weight, speed and disatance into this http://walking.about.com/library/cal/uccalc1.htm website, and found that I burned 256 calories - thats 50 more than yesterday's walk!

When I got home, I snacked on an apple while making dinner. I made a huge salad dressed with lemon juice, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice and 1/2 tsp. olive oil. I made some roasted eggplant to serve alongside our garden burgers and we also had some sliced avocado. It was a lot of food for the 280 calories it cost me, and I'm full and happy.

One of my goals is to stop snacking after dinner during the week. A pot of green tea seems to help, so I'll make some after I finish this post. All in all, it was a great healthy eating/healthy body day!

No comments:

Post a Comment