Saturday, March 20, 2010

Feeling Great!

The weather has been beautiful here lately, so outdoor walks have trumped my excersise plan. Today my husband and I walked a trail at Rockerfeller State Park in Pocantico Hills, NY. The trail was a loop around a lake, where many tiny turtles were gathered on logs near the shore. It was a really nice way to spend the afternoon.

After a healthy dinner (steamed shrimp and asparagus) I decided to try on a few skirts that didn't fit when I bought them over the years, but since they were on sale and I always planned to start a diet, they seemed like a good idea. Both fit perfectly, and I felt so great in them. No spanx, stockings, or any other tactic needed. I tried on some hand-me-down jean capris from that a friend gave during a diet attempt, and those fit too. It feels so nice to feel good in clothes. I tried on the skirt that I wore to the brunch the day after my wedding - and it's too big. That made my night, and it gives me the motivation that I need to keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment